By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Pregnancy of Unknown Viability

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
natashaxox

Pregnancy of Unknown Viability

Post by natashaxox »

Hi everyone

I had an ectopic back in March and fell pregnant again on our first month or ttc. I had my first scan today at 6 weeks and 1 day and they could see the sac but said it was a pregnancy of unknown viability at this stage.

I don’t know how to feel, I’m happy it’s not ectopic of course but I can’t help but feel like history is repeating itself and I’m going to lose another baby. Has anyone had anything similar that turned out to be viable?

Thank you x

CamLe

Re: Pregnancy of Unknown Viability

Post by CamLe »

Hey Natasha,

I am happy to hear they ruled out an ectopic pregnancy, but so sorry to hear about what sounds like a stressful result.. I know nothing about this kind of diagnosis so I'm afraid I can't offer you much, other than the fact that I remember hearing that early ultrasounds might not be able to tell you too much because it might be too early to tell. In any case, I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you. I'm here if you need to chat. Xoxo Cam

natashaxox

Post by natashaxox »

Hey Cam

Aw thanks so much! I feel abit better about it today I think yesterday was just such a whirlwind of emotions! I’m not sure but I feel like possibly my weeks might not have been added up properly so the start of my last period was 16th June which based on a 28 day cycle would mean I’m 6 weeks and 2 days, but my cycles aren’t 28 days and never have been! They are 34 days which makes me actually only 5 weeks which might explain why they didn’t see much on the scan having expected to see more because they thought I was 6 weeks? I don’t know I’m just coming up with anything and everything to reassure myself at this point lol!

How are you?? Xx

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear natasha,
To give you a positive outcome, this happened to me.
I experienced worsening tummy pain at around 5 weeks, due to my previous ectopic pregnancy, I had a scan. They couldn't even see a gestational sac, they also told me that my hCG levels was too low. Told me to prepare for the worst and booked a follow up scan a week later. That follow up scan showed a gestational sac and a heartbeat (who is about to start secondary school in September).
Although it would be wrong of me not to remind you to seek urgent medical advice with any bleeding or tummy pain, or you feel dizzy and unwell, dates can be wrong and we can ovulate late in a cycle.
Try to stay positive and I will send lots of positive thoughts for your next scan.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
The EPT is awarded the PIF TICK as a Trusted Information Creator, the UK-wide quality mark for healthcare information
If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.
Further information is available on our website.
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back support line: 020 7733 2653. We are able to provide support in multiple languages including British Sign Language.
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

CamLe

Post by CamLe »

Hey Natasha,

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. What yiu're saying about your cycle makes total sense. I've got my fingers crossed that you'll get more good news soon <3 .

I'm doing ok. Over interpreting every sign in my belly as per usual - I still feel a bit like a stranger in my body all these months later, still trying to figure out what's going on. My periods are due in about a week, so we'll see for that later.

Keep us posted on how you do!

Xo Cam

natashaxox

Post by natashaxox »

Hey Cam

Just thought I would keep you updated I went for a private reassurance scan today and not only did we see a baby but we saw the heartbeat!! So overjoyed!

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you please keep me updated with how you are getting on!! xx

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Natasha,
Congratulations on your pregnancy,
That is such good news,
Wishing you a smooth journey,
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
The EPT is awarded the PIF TICK as a Trusted Information Creator, the UK-wide quality mark for healthcare information
If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.
Further information is available on our website.
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back support line: 020 7733 2653. We are able to provide support in multiple languages including British Sign Language.
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

inhisgallery3

Post by inhisgallery3 »

Congratulations Natasha!

If you don’t mind sharing, what was your treatment for your ectopic? Was it expectant management for low HCG?

natashaxox

Post by natashaxox »

Hi inhisgallery

Thank you it still doesn’t feel real to be honest!

Of course, so I had one dose of methotrexate for my ectopic which brought my levels down from 335 to 2 in just over a week and a half.

Are you going through something similar?

xx

inhisgallery3

Post by inhisgallery3 »

Ahh I’m happy for you!

My ectopic has been resolved in March, however as my starting HCG was quite high at 1600, I’m hit with not so positive news during follow-up ultrasound. All I can do now is wait for full absorption. I’m still hopeful because of all the positive stories like yours 😊

CamLe

Post by CamLe »

Hi Natasha,

Thanks for sharing the great news - I am very happy for you! I wish you the best for this pregnancy and hope you are able to relax and enjoy it now :)

Big hug, Cam