By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Cramping and bleeding

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Sunshine_17

Cramping and bleeding

Post by Sunshine_17 »

Hello All,

I'm done with two doses of Methotrexate. Below are my values

July 29th - 3614
July 30th - Methotrexate
August 1st - 776
August 8th - 1265, Methotrexate
August 13th - 906
August 18th - 593

I started bleeding a week after 1st dose. Had extreme cramping for 2 days after 2nd dose. Cramping is getting better now but every 4 days once I wake up around 2.30am with moderate cramping and bleeding. Sometimes I feel constipated at times it's like diarrhoea heard it's one of the side effects of methotrexate. I started taking green tea from August 13th and I think it helped to bring down my levels to an extent.

Also I notice a pattern like if I travel or eat heavy meal before bedtime it triggers bowel moment which leads to cramping and bleeding.

Pls share your experience and let me know what helped you to reduce sudden cramping at odd hours. Is bleeding good at this point of time? How long will I bleed?

Mercedes1291

Re: Cramping and bleeding

Post by Mercedes1291 »

So sorry for your loss. I’m still dealing with all this as well and it seems like bleeding varies. Some only experience it for a few days and others up to six weeks. Flow can range from mild to heavy.

I would just keep note of how many pads you’re going through in a day and if the pain becomes unmanageable it’s probably best to go to the ER.
For cramping my doctor said it’s fine to take Tylenol but to avoid ibuprofen as it can make your stomach bleed.

Hope this help. 💕

Leeleeanne_6

Post by Leeleeanne_6 »

I’m so sorry you have been going through this. I am actually in the same boat but started 2 weeks before you. I got 2 doses which sucked and had symptoms as well. I bleed heavy every 2 weeks for about a week. The last time I had the heavy bleeding was last week with pretty bad cramping. I got an ultrasound Monday to make sure everything was okay and thankfully it was! Bleeding comes with the medication and I was told it was normal.

In the beginning I was have very bad intestinal comfort. I had bad gas that was escaping which made me have an hard time to even sit down. I was told I could take mylanta so I took it everyday for anwhile. Also had intestinal cramping every time I had to use the bathroom which isn’t fun. I still get it now but not as bad. It gets better with time. I asked my doctor about that as well and thankfully it is normal with the medication.

Good luck with your process! It does get better, try and stay positive. Every week that passes is every week closer to the finish line! ❤️

Sunshine_17

Post by Sunshine_17 »

Hey Leena,

Hope your pain is getting better. I had my blood work today and my levels have reduced to 118. The pattern looks like every week the HCG reduces by 50%. I am feeling much better now. Intestinal cramping is almost gone and bleeding is reduced. But every once or twice a week I have this heavy bleeding and cramping which disturbs my sleep cycle.

I haven't had my ultrasound yet. Guess my doc is waiting to check ultrasound once it reaches 0. Good luck to you and keep me posted on your updates ❤️

Sunshine_17

Post by Sunshine_17 »

Thanks for the response Mercedes ❤️ How are you doing now?