By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Miscarrying a posible ectopic. Expectant management.

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
GingerLove1984

Miscarrying a posible ectopic. Expectant management.

Post by GingerLove1984 »

Hi all
So on Monday I was exactly 6 weeks and had had some light bleeding. At the EPU I was scanned and diagnosed with a 'pregnancy of unknown location' as nothing was seen in the uterus. My HCG was at 340. Yesterday at the hospital they did another scan after my HCG had risen to 426. Their expert doc found something very small in my tube which he believed is likely the ectopic. I also have a small amount of free fluid in the pelvis which could mean an ectopic has bled/ruptured already and passed outside of the tube. I have also been bleeding now for 5 days. They gave me a choice of surgery or expectant management since what they found was so small, I am well and the bleed could mean my body is flushing out. Yesterday I passed what looks like others people's pictures of MC. A sinewy, stretchy clot type tissue. (I can't seem to attach a picture). I am just wondering what people think. Has anyone ever passed something similar during an ectopic/suspected ectopic? Has anyone had something similar which turned out to be just a MC?

Headspace2020

Re: Miscarrying a posible ectopic. Expectant management.

Post by Headspace2020 »

Hi,

When I was 5w 4d I went to EPAU with period like pains, Lower back pain, one sided pain and spotting.
2 days later at 6 weeks they did a scan and I had a PUL. My hormone was around 150.
2 days later I had a ‘miscarriage’ where I bled heavily for one day only, had severe cramps and passed large clots - after one particular clot was passed all my pain immediately stopped. I went to EPAU that evening and my hormone was 77. I thought at this point it was a natural miscarriage .

However a week later, my hcg started to rise again.3 scans on and another 6 or so blood tests the ectopic was found in my right tube but it had been assumed the moment my hcg rose again.
I’ve now had the methotrexate and 14 days on I seem to be passing the rest of the tissue and experienced cramping again - although not quite as severe as the first time.

I believe I passed the womb lining initially but some/all of the ectopic did not pass and the cells continued trying to divide causing my hcg to creep back up. It could be the same for you.

So long story - yes you could be passing the pregnancy and the ectopic however do continue to get your bloods checked to make sure it’s ‘completed’. Cells or tissue that’s left behind can cause your hcg to plateau or stabilise so just bear this in mind.

Hope yours is more straightforward, the best we can hope for at this point is it’s as uncomplicated and as quick as possible xx

GingerLove1984

Post by GingerLove1984 »

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry for your loss.
I'm glad yours seems to be resolving. Nothing seems very straightforward with ectopics. It seems every passing day just creates more questions and I'm now becoming some kind of expert with all the research I have done!

I'll keep the post updated with what's going on x

Headspace2020

Post by Headspace2020 »

I’m exactly the same I didn’t even know what hcg was at first!

Because peoples experiences are so different it’s really reassuring when someone can offer their similar experience so I hope that’s helped a little.

I’m really sorry for your loss too, a [censored word] club to be apart of but there’s so much support from others experiencing the same.
It seems that in quite a lot of cases, things drag on for people with missed miscarriages, retained tissue or ectopics - like the loss isn’t hard enough without making it complicated!

Feel free to ask any more questions as time progresses, I hope you’re as ok as you can be xx

Headspace2020

Post by Headspace2020 »

Oh and just to add the clots I passed we’re much more substantial than a period clot, it’s quite obvious it’s pregnancy lining, (grey/pink jelly like and very large (sorry for detail) so you’ll probably have recognised yours as the same!

GingerLove1984

Post by GingerLove1984 »

Yes the tissue sounds exactly like that!

I also forgot to add that I can't have mtx due to the free fluid in my pelvis. This is what I have been told. It's because it may have already ruptured.

X

Headspace2020

Post by Headspace2020 »

Ah that’s really frustrating. I wonder if there a chance the fluid will be absorbed though or pass and it may change things?

I’ve heard in terms of TTC there’s not really any difference between those who had MTX and a tube removal if that puts your mind at ease re the surgery. I appreciate it’s all pretty stressful and scary though.

When do you go back in? X

GingerLove1984

Post by GingerLove1984 »

Sunday.

The fluid is blood but it's not active bleeding. Small..that's why they think it could have been the ecoptic rupture and leaving the fallopian tube.

X

GingerLove1984

Post by GingerLove1984 »

Hi Headspace,

How are you getting on?

My HCG on Sunday hadn't changed. I now need to wait til Monday for more bloods and another ultrasound. Meanwhile I go back to work on Friday....

Headspace2020

Post by Headspace2020 »

Hey, I was discharged today as hcg was under 10, it’s been a long six weeks to get to this point, looking forward to just giving my mind a rest.

How are you doing? What’s your hcg at now? Xx

GingerLove1984

Post by GingerLove1984 »

Thats great news. You must be relieved!! I hope you are able to now focus on your emotional recovery.

My HCG is 414 atm. I have stopped bleeding now completely. It feels like I had a miscarriage. Bleeding for a week with a 2 day peak and quite a lot of clots.

I know they found something small that could be the ectopic in my tube - they just don't seem so sure of anything. Now they are leaving me a week without bloods done.

I was misdiagnosed with a suspected molar pregnancy on Feb. I had to have a D&C to analyse the tissue during which I hemorrhaged. The hospital couldn't confirm a molar so I was referred to oncology at Charing Cross hospital and had my blood checked for 6 weeks before it was finally confirmed by them it was just a miscarriage and not a molar pregnancy.

I know they have to cautious and I am grateful for that. It's just a lot to deal with now after Feb. I was praying back then it was just a normal miscarriage as I am now.

Did you read of many people having miscarriage type bleeding during their ectopic. I was under the impression that ectopic bleeding is different.