By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Second dose of Methotrexate

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Davinder86

Second dose of Methotrexate

Post by Davinder86 »

Posting for my wife, she is quite nervous at the moment with everything happening. She is on her second dose of Methotrexate and hasn't had much bleeding or pain and she worried it's not working. She wondering if symptoms were less with the second dose of Methotrexate in people's experience.

Headspace2020

Re: Second dose of Methotrexate

Post by Headspace2020 »

Hi, I had zero symptoms - until day 14 after MTX when I had some cramping and bleeding - however I believe this was actually my first period as my hcg was very low at this point.
I also panicked about a lack of symptoms and my day 4 levels went up, and my day 7 only decreased by 3%. By day 10 they dropped 30%.

No symptoms doesn’t mean it’s not working as I virtually had none! Felt more tried that usual that was about it. I checked through a lot of older threads and found lots of people with severe symptoms and lots of people with none!

Davinder86

Post by Davinder86 »

Thanks for replying did you have a second dose after day 7 my wife is having her bloods done Wednesday which will be 7 days after her second dose her first does only dropped by 5% this is why they gave a second dose she did have cramping and bleeding with first dose nothing with second so she panicking

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Davinder,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy loss, please send our thoughts to your wife.
Everyone's experience of bleeding and pain following methotrexate treatment is different and it is not uncommon for women not to bleed.
It is important that she attends for follow up bloods and monitors her symptoms and seems urgent medical advice with any severe pain or bleeding, she develops shoulder tip pain or feels dizzy and unwell.
We have more information on methotrexate treatment on our website which I have added here and I hope is useful.
https://ectopic.org.uk/treating-an-ectopic-pregnancy
We will be here for you both for as long as you need,
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
The EPT is awarded the PIF TICK as a Trusted Information Creator, the UK-wide quality mark for healthcare information
If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.
Further information is available on our website.
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back support line: 020 7733 2653. We are able to provide support in multiple languages including British Sign Language.
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team