By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Day 4 bloods hcg doubling

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Shell_624

Day 4 bloods hcg doubling

Post by Shell_624 »

Hi everyone.

I had my first dose of methotrexate sunday morning my bloods were 3374 and today on day 4 they are 6640. They are going to see me Saturday on day 7 for more bloods. I'm so anxious as to why they've jumped up so much 😩 is this normal? This is my third ectopic but I've never had methotrexate before, so far no symptoms.

Thank you all for this forum, its been so helpful 🙏🏼 xx

Harrietttt6

Re: Day 4 bloods hcg doubling

Post by Harrietttt6 »

Mine also doubled by day 4, but dropped by 20% at day 7. My doctor said this is normal as the cells can divide rapidly following the methotrexate. She described it as a last ditch panic, which made me feel really sad and guilty, but it is totally normal so try not to worry xx

Harrietttt6

Post by Harrietttt6 »

Sorry my fiancee just told me I got this wrong in that the cells don't divide more, but create more HCG as they disappear! Clearly my anxiety took over my listening!! :?

Sending you lots of love in recovery xxxx

Sallyew13

Post by Sallyew13 »

Shell, hope you’re okay, sorry slightly off topic from your initial question but has anyone ever been able to advise you why you are having repeated ectopics? This is something I’m concerned about myself. Are some people more susceptible to it happening again? ( i know there’s a 10% chance of it) xx

Shell_624

Post by Shell_624 »

Thank you, super nervous about rupturing!

Unfortunately they always tell me its bad luck. Which I cant quite believe. My left tube was clear last time I checked so my only guess is the hairs (cilia) in my tube don't work and maybe that's why this 3rd one has happened.

My second was unknown location but they suspected it was in my right ovary 🤷🏼‍♀️