By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Trying to conceive

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Amy97

Trying to conceive

Post by Amy97 »

I had an ectopic pregnancy last November and I lost my left tube.
My partner and I have started trying again in February but still yet to get our BFP 😔 I feel so deflated at the minute my period is nearly 3 weeks late, and getting constant BFN. I visited the gp this morning and I felt that was a waste of time, as they are not doing alot to help.

EPT Host 22

Re: Trying to conceive

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Amy 97,

I’m sorry to hear about your experience, ectopic pregnancy, and loss. Please know that there is no set timeframe for emotional recovery. There are no "musts" or "shoulds" or deadlines. Grieve as you wish and cry, vent, and release your emotions as you need.

Taking time before trying to conceive again enables grief to surface and be worked through. The emotional recovery that is often needed can be significant, and many underestimate this aspect. We grieve our loss, but also the loss of our visions of what "might have been". We can not predict what the future might bring, and it's important to look after yourself now. Please allow yourself all the time and space you need to heal and know that you have a supportive environment here for as long as you need. We are here for you any time.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust

Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards

If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.

Further information is available on our website. Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk

We provide a call-back support line: 020 7733 2653. We are able to provide support in multiple languages including British Sign Language.

Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.

Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Lisalisa

Post by Lisalisa »

Hi Amy
I also had an ectopic surgery and lost my right tube in march. Have been TTC since without success. One chemical and one current ectopic/miscarriage (currently unknown but HCG is not rising).
If your GP is not helpful, you could possibly visit a gynecologist or a fertility center to get tested for possible reasons why you're not managing to get pregnant.
For me, the next step is to find out if my remaining tube is working as it should, but if it's not, we will be going for IVF.
I do understand your frustration and I wish you the best of luck with conceiving.

ChaoticBlues

Post by ChaoticBlues »

As you’ve had a previous ectopic you can always ring the Early Pregnancy Unit at your local hospital and self refer, just say you had an ectopic prior, now your period is late and you are testing negative, as they can test your blood and monitor you.