By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Hope and thanks

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
HollyM

Hope and thanks

Post by HollyM »

I've been meaning to write this post for a while. I never engaged in this forum but silently read people's stories looking for hope as I recovered from my ectopic last year.

Here's my story and I hope it helps bring light to others...

After a long time trying to conceive our second baby I was overjoyed to discover I was pregnant in March last year. There were real tears of elation and joy. We'd finally done it. The monthly tracking, ovulation and two week wait was all over. The tests, the scans, the procedures, reflexology, acupuncture, all of it now irrelevant, we felt like we'd crossed the finish line. Which to anyone who's tried for ages will know how it feels. I could lift my head once more and smile at mums with prams.

This lasted all of one week. I didn't feel quite right. Something in the pit of my stomach was ever present and then I started spotting. I had emergency surgery on the 29th March and lost my left tube. The only other time I'd even been in hospital before was to have our daughter so this was a total juxtaposition and so traumatic. I also tested positive for COVID during my stay. Life literally couldn't have been any worse. Earth shattering and devastated beyond belief. Frightened for myself. Sad for our loss and ever more worried about the months ahead.

Anyone reading this who has just been through surgery you'll want to know why but you'll also be worried about the future ahead and whether you'll ever get pregnant again. This was all I could think about. It consumed me. I read so many hopeful stories on here and elsewhere but in all honesty given my age, 38 and my low ovarian reserve, losing my left tube felt like it was never going to be possible and we'd hit the end of the road.

The human body is a strange and mysterious vessel. I fell pregnant on my 2nd cycle after the ectopic. How after all the years of trying and now minus a tube could I be pregnant again?! I couldn't rationalise it. It was a long wait until the 6 week scan to confirm everything was where it should be but that day I'll never forget. I had my mum with me holding my hand fully expecting bad news but it was the opposite and we even saw the babies heartbeat.

I had a healthy pregnancy and gave birth to our second daughter on the 5th March this year. We called her Constance "Connie" which means perseverance matter what the obstacles faced.

HollyM

Re: Hope and thanks

Post by HollyM »

HollyM wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:47 pm
I've been meaning to write this post for a while. I never engaged in this forum but silently read people's stories looking for hope as I recovered from my ectopic last year.

Here's my story and I hope it helps bring light to others...

After a long time trying to conceive our second baby I was overjoyed to discover I was pregnant in March last year. There were real tears of elation and joy. We'd finally done it. The monthly tracking, ovulation and two week wait was all over. The tests, the scans, the procedures, reflexology, acupuncture, all of it now irrelevant, we felt like we'd crossed the finish line. Which to anyone who's tried for ages will know how it feels. I could lift my head once more and smile at mums with prams.

This lasted all of one week. I didn't feel quite right. Something in the pit of my stomach was ever present and then I started spotting. I had emergency surgery on the 29th March and lost my left tube. The only other time I'd even been in hospital before was to have our daughter so this was a total juxtaposition and so traumatic. I also tested positive for COVID during my stay. Life literally couldn't have been any worse. Earth shattering and devastated beyond belief. Frightened for myself. Sad for our loss and ever more worried about the months ahead.

Anyone reading this who has just been through surgery you'll want to know why but you'll also be worried about the future ahead and whether you'll ever get pregnant again. This was all I could think about. It consumed me. I read so many hopeful stories on here and elsewhere but in all honesty given my age, 38 and my low ovarian reserve, losing my left tube felt like it was never going to be possible and we'd hit the end of the road.

The human body is a strange and mysterious vessel. I fell pregnant on my 2nd cycle after the ectopic. How after all the years of trying and now minus a tube could I be pregnant again?! I couldn't rationalise it. It was a long wait until the 6 week scan to confirm everything was where it should be but that day I'll never forget. I had my mum with me holding my hand fully expecting bad news but it was the opposite and we even saw the babies heartbeat.

I had a healthy pregnancy and gave birth to our second daughter on the 5th March this year. We called her Constance "Connie" which means perseverance matter what the obstacles faced.

Thank you to those who wrote stories that have me hope.

Mat_alog

Post by Mat_alog »

Hi HollyM,
Thank you for sharing. I am sorry that it has been such a hard journey but glad that it ended up this way ! I Just left my right tube and I definitely needed to hear this story !

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Holly,
Congratulations on the safe arrival of your daughter earlier this year.
Thank you so much for taking the time to come on these boards, share your story and your wonderful news. You can already see how much hope it brings.
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
The EPT is awarded the PIF TICK as a Trusted Information Creator, the UK-wide quality mark for healthcare information
If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.
Further information is available on our website.
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back support line: 020 7733 2653. We are able to provide support in multiple languages including British Sign Language.
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team