By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Idk how to feel

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Seewilds

Idk how to feel

Post by Seewilds »

Hi, this is my first time writing here. I’ve come to this forum time and time again and it’s helped me feel less alone in my dark times. I feel like I’ve moved on from my ruptured ectopic trauma. It’s been almost 9 months since my surgery but at times it feels like it was just yesterday. My body remembers it’s trauma at the hospitals. I’m scared of needles now, I can’t be touched on the back of my hands and elbows anymore without getting grossed out and uncomfortable. I’m more sensitive to other peoples pain. It’s weird to see my body traumatized and act this way, when I would be able to watch surgery videos without a prob and now I can’t. I’m not hung up on what I went through and the loss of what could have been but it’s just been dark since then emotionally.
I think I’ve healed well from it, I’ve gotten closer to god and it took a lot of courage to say thank you for putting this painful moment In my path. I wouldn’t have grown up.
But right now I’m terrified, I haven’t gotten my period and I’ve been checking if I’m pregnant every other day for two weeks and it keeps saying negative. I’m scared of being pregnant again. I’m scared it might happen again. Im not sure how to feel honestly but if it were to say positive I feel like I wouldn’t want it because I just don’t want to go through this pain and loss. I’m married and I don’t have any children, at least not yet. But my first experience being pregnant was the biggest rollercoaster of my life.
Thanks for listening.

ChaoticBlues

Re: Idk how to feel

Post by ChaoticBlues »

Hey,

How youre feeling is natural as you’ve been through a big trauma both physically and emotionally. It can take a while to recover. I still sleep on the sofa, after the trauma of waking up in my bed in extreme pain from an ectopic and that was less than a year ago. I’ve also had periods give me flashbacks of my ectopic which was 12 weeks of pain and bleeding. It is hard. I feel I have had PTSD from it but I acknowledge it and recognise what I went through was traumatic rather than downplaying it. I think time helps to help with everything, not forget.