By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Ectopic pregnancy 3 months later

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
ashleylondon

Ectopic pregnancy 3 months later

Post by ashleylondon »

I had an ectopic 3 months ago. I was treated with methotrexate. It's been 3 months since my dose and was told I was allowed to try again after my period came.

I got a peak fertility on a clear blue day 13 of my cycle which is about right. As soon as day 14 hit I knew I was ovulating as I was getting pain down my leg and cramping in my left ovary (the same one my ectopic happened in before).

I really hope it's just down to my fellopian tube still recovering from the ectopic and ovulation but I'm worried I'm going through another ectopic pregnancy.

I'm getting a horrible burning sensation on the affected side and it's radiating down my leg. I don't quite remember how early on during my 1st ectopic but I felt like this at 6 weeks with it.

It's 3 dpo by this point and because of this , I'm worried I've implanted in the same tube again.

It feels like it's just going to be a waiting game to see if my monthly arrives. Still got 2 weeks so I'm incredibly anxious at this point worrying it's another ectopic. I honestly don't see the point going to a doctor as I feel they won't be able to do anything as I was pushed aside and told it's nothing with the first ectopic.

Has anyone else experienced this and it turned out to be nothing?

Thanks for reading.

EPT Host 22

Re: Ectopic pregnancy 3 months later

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi AshleyLondon,

I am so sorry to hear that you have suffered an ectopic pregnancy and loss and are now going through this worrying situation. We usually advise women that pain and sensations following surgery for ectopic pregnancies can be due to scar tissue formed after surgery, as well as heightened attention to cramps and ovulation. I certainly feel ovulation more intensely since my ectopic surgeries.

However, I would encourage you to be even more specific, noting exactly when/where the pain occurs, its duration, level of pain (e.g. 1-10 scale), and anything that brings relief (pain medication, heating pad). This information can then be shared with your doctors. We always suggest you continue to speak with your doctors about this pain, especially if it is ongoing or you feel concerned.

TTC after an ectopic pregnancy can be an anxious time for many women. I know how strong the desire to have a child can be, and I encourage you to be extra-compassionate with yourself during this time. So many of these processes are well outside of our control. It's important to have the emotional and physical support you need during this time. Please know that we are here for you throughout your journey. Please take good care and look after yourself.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
The EPT is awarded the PIF TICK as a Trusted Information Creator, the UK-wide quality mark for healthcare information

If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.

Further information is available on our website.

Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk

We provide a call-back support line: 020 7733 2653. We are able to provide support in multiple languages including British Sign Language.

Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.

Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Sunny123

Post by Sunny123 »

Hi,

I had an ectopic a year ago and was also treated with methotrexate rather than surgery.

I still have pain in the same area very similar to the ectopic and what you described and sometimes this can last all day & for weeks! I also have endometriosis. I mentioned this to my fertility doctor and he said it may be scar tissue (I have also had other surgery on my ovaries etc) so maybe he was referring to that.

I feel like it’s so difficult to know what’s causing the pain - and I know for a fact I could definitely not tell if I had an ectopic from just pain anymore when TTC! However, after an ectopic pregnancy if you conceive again you should be offered a scan at 6-7 weeks (England NHS) as you are at higher risk of ectopic unfortunately… so if you were worried about the pain and get a positive test try not to worry and ask for a scan, or if that pain gets worse go to a&e and they hopefully could scan you. I try and track everything now on an app so that I can keep track of weeks for this reason.

I wish I knew exactly why I still get the same pain but I really don’t think I will get answers unless I see a private doctor.

Sending lots of hugs, it’a not easy having an ectopic. Take care.

ashleylondon

Post by ashleylondon »

Hi sunny.

Thanks for replying.

I'm so sorry you had to go through this as well as having to go through surgery.

I thought I'd had a cyst when it was an ectopic implantation when my monthly was due. This is why I symptom spot now haha. Everytime I get a pain that side, I stress.

I'm stressing mostly about the timing if it is another to be honest. I'm going away christmas and with the last, I was in hospital for days on end and felt very unwell for weeks after the methotrexate so I'm upset that not only will I be losing another baby , I will miss out time with my family too.

Thank you for your reply and your experience . It really help to hear another person's story xzx

ChaoticBlues

Post by ChaoticBlues »

I was diagnosed with a pregnancy in an unknown location a year ago, had the methotrexate injection which took 10 painful weeks to get to a HCG of 0.

The pain was in my left hip, pain radiated down to my left leg whenever I contracted, it also felt like loads of liquid was in my left hip for the longest time.

After my ectopic, I've had twinges in my left hip, sometimes when I've had fertility drugs, or my period, or random twinges..I do have a fibroid in my left side so it could be that, it could be a weakness there now from my ectopic, there's so many unknowns and no one can say early on.

I know its hard but it's best not to worry too much, it's best to wait until there is a positive test result and then you could visit a early pregnancy unit to monitor you.