By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Ectopic after many mc/s

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Kirstyvic

Ectopic after many mc/s

Post by Kirstyvic »

Hey so I don't even know how to feel I've just had methotrexate injection after being diagnosed with ectopic, I've had 6 miscarriages before this and I just feel soo done. This is all new territory for me, I had a massive panic attack at the hospital today as not knowing what to expect with MTX?
I do have a nearly 3 year old who I went through alot to have and progesterone pessaries but I feel like my pregnancy journey needs to end here, even the consultant said its unlikely for me as I need progesterone from get go but will never be allowed it again until 6 weeks plus due to needing t know pregnancy is in right place so I'm just feeling all sorts.

Can I also have methotrexate experiences please as I'm still feeling anxious

Thank you xx

Meagan18

Re: Ectopic after many mc/s

Post by Meagan18 »

Hello, I don’t have any MTX experience so I cannot share anything from that perspective, sorry. I am so sorry you’re going through this after everything else you’ve been through. My husband and I had two miscarriages in 2019 and we are lucky that we have 2 gorgeous boys, 5 and 3. Life’s bloody hard and it all can seem so unfair at times, I understand your feelings of being done. After our second miscarriage we fell pregnant with our 2nd and his whole journey from the off was difficult, up until about 6 months ago actually and then we had an ectopic end Oct - surgical management for rupture. Although I would love to have another baby, especially the thought of having a girl, I honestly don’t think I could go through another loss. I get how you feel and I wish I could give you answers but please just be kind and gentle with yourself and perhaps, over time, the answers will come to you. You’re amazing and strong and you have the strength of all of us women beside you. I hope you’re ok, sending a big hug xx

Kirstyvic

Post by Kirstyvic »

Thank you, beautiful response. I'm so sorry for your losses! Absolutely unfair we all have to go through this eh, but I have my son and he's my little miracle so all isn't bad xxx

ChaoticBlues

Post by ChaoticBlues »

Just like you, I was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy in December,last December. I was 6 weeks, but sent away told it was a miscarriage, went back 23rd December and was told my hcg had rised after falling so ectopic and I was injected with mxt...so you can imagine my Xmas...I was completely out of it, no energy, very dehydrated, no appetite, it affects everyone differently.

So from 6 weeks I started bleeding, that went on for another 12 weeks, my hcg getting to 0 and then weeks later had my first period. It was so hard! I contracted in pain every 2 days, waking up in the middle of the night, Hours in pain. Once you get your body back it does feel and get better...

Sorry you are going through this...I've gone through ivf and they do give you progesterone at the time of ovulation regardless of having an ectopic or not.

Hope you are managing OK.

Kirstyvic wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:23 pm
Hey so I don't even know how to feel I've just had methotrexate injection after being diagnosed with ectopic, I've had 6 miscarriages before this and I just feel soo done. This is all new territory for me, I had a massive panic attack at the hospital today as not knowing what to expect with MTX?
I do have a nearly 3 year old who I went through alot to have and progesterone pessaries but I feel like my pregnancy journey needs to end here, even the consultant said its unlikely for me as I need progesterone from get go but will never be allowed it again until 6 weeks plus due to needing t know pregnancy is in right place so I'm just feeling all sorts.

Can I also have methotrexate experiences please as I'm still feeling anxious

Thank you xx