By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Recent ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Lucyabz87

Recent ectopic

Post by Lucyabz87 »

Hello everyone I'm new on here. I had my early reassurance scan 2 days ago at a private clinic and it was confirmed I'm having an ectopic pregnancy, the mass is on one of my ovaries I've heard this is quite rare has anybody else suffered from this? I was sent to hospital waited 4 hours in A&E before being sent to gynacology to be sent home as no scans until Tuesday. This is the worst wait of my life and just need some sort of reassurance as to what may happen on Tuesday, I've never been put to sleep or had an operation I'm terrified x

ChaoticBlues

Re: Recent ectopic

Post by ChaoticBlues »

Hey, so so sorry you are going through this. Last year this time I went through something similar. I had painful what felt like sharp trapped wind in my hip, bled a little, went to A and E said I'm having an ectopic pregnancy because I read the symptoms, I was made to wait 6 hours! When finally waw seen they were nonchalant, didn't want to scan me, wanted to send me home.

Cut a long story short I went back in 2 weeks, my hcg had raised after increasing, they said pregnancy in an unknown location as they couldnt see the baby, from the pain it could have been in my left ovary or tube.

I wanted to say depending on how high or low your hcg is in your blood you may be given a choice, an op or mxt injection. I think the cut off is 5,000, so over 5,000 it's def op, under you get a choice.

I was told my diagnosis and I was given no time to make a choice and with zero information on the pros and cons. So I chose mtx, boy do I regret it. It took 10 weeks for the pregnancy to end, the pain was horrific and carried on all those week, was told to take meds that didn't help, I also feel like the tube gone would reduce another ectopic, I was having ivf so didn't need the tube.

Although if it was in my ovary then I don't know if they would remove the ovary that would have been hard and reduced my future chance of conceiving.

So wanted to let you know you may have options and to think about them. It's a hard time and wishing you go through this ok.

Lucyabz87

Post by Lucyabz87 »

Hey thank you so much for your reply, your ordeal sounds terrible I'm so sorry you went through that! It honestly shocks me how the hospital can just send you away like that! I'm hoping I have caught mine early , my boobs are no longer sore and the bloating has pretty much disappeared no sharp pains just twinges and no blood so I'm hoping I can have the medication . Can I ask if you knew how far along you were? I hope you have now made a full recovery x

ChaoticBlues

Post by ChaoticBlues »

Hey, how did you get on? What was the outcome? Did you have a choice of op or mxt? Symptoms decreasing could be a good sign.

I was 5 and half weeks when I had the pain in my hip, that was when I went to A and E. Then at 8 weeks I went back and that's when I was diagnosed as ectopic and had mxt that same day, 23rd December and 1st March I was back to "normal".

I'm doing OK now thanks. I had a chemical pregnancy too and the experience was sad but nowhere near the torture endured of an ectopic.