By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

HCG wait after MTX

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Leo1995

HCG wait after MTX

Post by Leo1995 »

Hi all

Thank you for this safe space. I have been reading stories on here as I go through my own Ectopic experience.

I got my first pregnancy test on Nov 28. My HCGs were wonky (see below) and on Dec 19 I got mtx to deal with a PUL. They did see something in the cervix that could potentially be a GSac (in 3D ultrasound) but were not sure.

70s nov 28
40s dec 1
154 dec 7
156 dec 8
108 Dec 13
Dec 15 216
Dec 19 375 MTX Day 0
Dec 22 431 Day 3
Dec 26 347 Day 8

Past 3-4 days I have got bleeding and clots. The bleeding isn’t as heavy but LOTS of small clots. It’s exhausting and discomforting. Though I am glad there isn’t any pain per se. I guess I am just exhausted physically and emotionally.

I have been taking green tea since Day 1 of MTX and yesterday also started rasberry lead tea to help strengthen my uterus - tips I learnt about here at EPT forums. I am trying to avoid folate in foods but it isn’t easy.

I had weakness/ tiredness and nausea first two days post MTX but okay-ish now. Though the heavy clots did make me exhausted. I started iron supplement ysday. I have been able to eat but not much of an appetite like before.

On the days I wasn’t bleeding, I did play golf and swim. I am not lifting or doing hot yoga but try to do light activity for my mental health whenever I can.

I guess I am sharing my experience and am desperate for this to be over.

I have bled twice before the MTX (with clots and what I thought was tissue). And now again post MTX.

Do you think the bleeding means hcg is dropping more? Given my hcg how many weeks do you think it will take to clear out? And when do you think I can get back to all physical activities? I know it says once HCG is all the way down. But given I have a cervical ectopic and no pain and low hcg, can I not be active? I also got a massage yesterday to help me sleep well - I avoided torso and my lower back so there is no pressure.

I am not feeling 100% yet but would like to get back to my life. Its been a long and arduous journey. This wasn’t planned and I’m in long distance. My partner is also unwell and recently underwent a keyhole surgery. Everytime he books his ticket something happens and he is unable to travel due to health. He is sort of on the mend and should be visiting next week hopefully. We are constantly in touch over phone but still- It feels lonely.

I haven’t told my family as they are all far away and I do not want to bother them. So besides me and my partner - no one knows.

Any advise helps.

ChaoticBlues

Re: HCG wait after MTX

Post by ChaoticBlues »

Hey,

Sorry you are going through this. I can relate, I too got pregnant November, but 2022, it was PUL although I had severe pain in my left hip. I had mxt on the 23rd dec, my hcg was 4600 at the time. It took 10 weeks to get to 0.

The fact you are in the hundreds rather than thousands hopefully means you will get to a hcg 0 sooner. My experience was a big drop in hcg levels was not linked to heavy bleeding, my first week 1500 hcg dropped and I barely bled, then later on I had a kill bill experience blood streaming out of me and the hcg drop that week was minimal.

My experience was after the first week the drop, think of it In halves, so 3,000 the next week or like 1700, so on,...the last few weeks I was like 100, then 65, etc. I got my period 2 weeks post my hcg at 0. I didn't exercise or take folic acid until then.

I hope this resolves itself quickly for you so you can physically get back to as normal as you can.

Leo1995

Post by Leo1995 »

Thank you chaotic blues for sharing your experience. Appreciate the insight that bleeding and hcg drop are not necessarily correlated. Will keep you all posted as this evolves. I do hope I get some big drops! Best wishes

ChaoticBlues

Post by ChaoticBlues »

Please do update and if you have any questions feel free to ask....I found the nurses at my weekly hcg visit useless, I was so confused and had no idea how long it would go on for or when I'd get my period. So forums were what gave me clarity. It's part of the reason I still message on here.

ashleylondon

Post by ashleylondon »

Hiya ,

Sorry to hear you're going through this.

My ectopic happened in September. It took 6 weeks post methotrexate for my levels to return to 0. They started at 4500 day 3 of the methotrexate and pretty much halved every week.

I know how frustrating it is to not be able to do your daily activities. I rested for about 2 weeks as I felt unwell after the methotrexate but after that I did return to work and I was doing activities like gardening.

I bled from 4 weeks pregnant from the ectopic so I wouldn't say the amount of blood lost determines how quickly the pregnancy is dissolving. I did ask if it was normal to my nurses to bleed and clot as much as I did and she assured me it was just my pregnancy dissolving and was normal.

I know it's a horrible experience and I've honestly never felt as ill in my life as I did with the ectopic and methotrexate. But I will tell you, as soon as my levels hit 0, I felt like my normal self again. And my energy levels returned instantly.

Wishing you the best xx

Leo1995

Post by Leo1995 »

My beta has increased and I am going to get another shot. Don’t feel good about it.

ChaoticBlues

Post by ChaoticBlues »

Sorry to hear your beta increased. I have my fingers crossed the second mxt injection works.

How are you feeling?
Leo1995 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:18 pm
My beta has increased and I am going to get another shot. Don’t feel good about it.

Leo1995

Post by Leo1995 »

I am feeling hopeless and very alone. I want this to end.

ChaoticBlues

Post by ChaoticBlues »

I hope it does end soon for you. It's such hard time being in limbo. How are you physically? Has the mtx injection symptoms been OK?