By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

How long did your pains last post mxt?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Chloewess

How long did your pains last post mxt?

Post by Chloewess »

Hi everyone,

I’m 7 days post 2nd dose of methotrexate. Hcg has been dropping since. It went from 800 to 195 in 4 days. I’m hoping it’s now well under 100 or even 0 by next bloods on Saturday.
I still get occasional period pain and niggles at the ectopic site. Some days I’m still super wiped out from the methotrexate and others I’m ok. How long did little pains and fatigue last for you after methotrexate? I can’t help but feel anxious each time I feel something.
Thank you for your stories and sorry you’ve been through such an awful ordeal as I have.

Xxx

ChaoticBlues

Re: How long did your pains last post mxt?

Post by ChaoticBlues »

Hey,

Hope today any pain or fatigue isn't too bad.

Post mxt for a week I didn't have any pain or cramping, I was miscarriage bleeding prior and that continued, but the symptoms of the mxt was fatigue, unnatural thirst, loss of appetite, a kind out of body experience.

The pain I had during my ectopic lasted the whole time, except for shortly post mxt, onwards I had severe pain every 2 days lasting 4 hours, body contracting the pregnancy. It ended maybe a week before my hcg was 0.

Tron

Re: How long did your pains last post mxt?

Post by Tron »

I will be 1 week post methotrexate tomorrow. I am still in pain. It is not as bad as it was the first few days, which were filled with intense and debilitating pain, but it is still painful. I have also noticed a lot of exhaustion. My hcg levels were 152 today though. I don't know if that plays a role.