By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Expectant Management - what to expect?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
tropikat

Expectant Management - what to expect?

Post by tropikat »

Hi all

I was advised of ectopic pregnancy on Wednesday at 7 weeks, 4 days. Found in left tube.

I had started bleeding on Tuesday very lightly before the ectopic was confirmed. My 3rd scan the next day finally located the pregnancy in the left tube after having scans for PUL the previous week. Advised of options and told of surgery subject to bloods. However, my hcg results came back 900+ so expectant management advised (the Friday before they were 2000+, up from 1800 the previous Weds). I had a further bloods taken this morning and it's down to 126 (a hormonal roller-coaster for sure).

They will test me again next Sunday but it's on track for resolving itself. However, I have so many open questions. Bleeding started Tuesday and abdominal pain/cramps for 2-3 days which subsided by Friday. Still bleeding but not really much blood/clotting. They told me I would not pass the tissue - is this correct? Once my hcg levels get back to 0, does that mean the ectopic has resolved? Or can this take longer - if so how long? I can feel a dull ache in my left side...weirdly it was lesser yesterday but I feel it more today. Is there anything else to expect? When am I not at risk of rupture anymore? I'm an active person and eager to get back to normal activities, plus have an upcoming active holiday.

Unfortunately this pregnancy was unexpected and a complete shock (due to contraception failure) and for my own personal reasons, decided to terminate. This has been a distressing, roller-coaster of emotions that seems to have no end currently and I just want some help to try and make peace with it and move on. I feel lost, guilty and helpless. I am so sorry to everyone going through this experience.

LTQKVS

Re: Expectant Management - what to expect?

Post by LTQKVS »

Hey sorry to hear you’re going through this.

I had a rupture three weeks ago and thought it might be helpful to share a bit of what I went through on the lead up to surgery.

I initially thought I was having a miscarriage my levels at 223, two weeks later I got terrible cramps I managed them with paracetamol- just.

Until the rupture i don’t know if I was a rare case but my level were only at 40 but I still ruptured two weeks prior to the rupture I was going about my daily life trying to get over what I thought was a miscarriage. I would say if your pain is worsening at all go back and get some treatment, the levels didn’t mean anything in my situation but again not sure if this is rare?

I wish I had gone back sooner and I may not have needed surgery.

Take care x