By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Did anyone look at the remains?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
LTQKVS

Did anyone look at the remains?

Post by LTQKVS »

The remains are ready for collection - I feel I need to look to understand what I have lost, to make sense of how developed it was and whether it had a heartbeat or not etc.

Has anyone looked? I’ve been told it’s tissue so assuming it’s not foetus like but I’m not sure. Did anyone look and regret the decision?

EPT Host 20

Re: Did anyone look at the remains?

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear LTQKVS,
I am sorry I cannot provide a personalised answer for this as I was treated with methotrexate.
Although I do not wish to upset you, I am guessing if you have been told its tissue, It is not going to look like a foetus and it is extremely unlikely that you would be able to see a heart.
Would looking give you closure of make you more upset if it doesn't look as you imagine and that becomes your lasting memory. I know that I did not have the choice but I do not wish I had the choice. I still remember my baby as exactly that.
I think you should think deeply about how it will affect you and make a decision best for you,
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
The EPT is awarded the PIF TICK as a Trusted Information Creator, the UK-wide quality mark for healthcare information
If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.
Further information is available on our website.
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back support line: 020 7733 2653. We are able to provide support in multiple languages including British Sign Language.
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

LTQKVS

Re: Did anyone look at the remains?

Post by LTQKVS »

Thanks Karen. I didn’t expect this option and with it been so rushed I picked this option so I had time to think and then some nurses call it a baby and other nurses call it tissue and so it made me really stressed and confused to the point where I think I need to look to confirm what I have actually lost. I don’t know if it’s the right thing or going to make me feel more at peace I wish the hospital wouldn’t have treated it as a one size fits all with this sort of thing.