By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Two ectopic pregnancies in opposite tube to ovulation side

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
LDD

Two ectopic pregnancies in opposite tube to ovulation side

Post by LDD »

Hi everyone, first time posting on here but wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience to me and could offer and insight or advice…
I’ve had two ectopic pregnancies, first one treated with methotrexate, second treated surgically with removal of my right tube. Both times the ectopic pregnancy was in my right tube, but I ovulated from my left. Has anyone else experienced this?
I know fallopian tubes can pick up an egg from the opposite side, but it just seems strange that this has happened twice. I’m worried my left tube might not be working as it didn’t pick the egg up either time. After my laparoscopy they said the left tube looked healthy but I’m still worried. Not sure what to do moving forward, I’ll go for a Hycosy but this will just show if the tube is blocked not if it is working. Scared to try again naturally and wondering if IVF might be the best option? Any advice or insight welcome :)

Hopefuloneday

Re: Two ectopic pregnancies in opposite tube to ovulation side

Post by Hopefuloneday »

Hi, I had my second ectopic in November. Happened both times on the same side. Mine is an interstitial ectopic so they haven’t taken the tube. Had my HyCoSy earlier this month and they’ve said it’s all clear and I can start trying again…. But the fear is very real for the reasons you say! Just because it’s clear doesn’t mean it’s working! So sending you nothing but positive thoughts, I understand how scary it is!

I’d ask for a follow up conversation with your consultant. Everybody’s situation and body is unique, so it’s important to get their perspective on your case. Get all the information available to you. Wishing you lots of luck and hope you’re healing ❤️‍🩹

LDD

Re: Two ectopic pregnancies in opposite tube to ovulation side

Post by LDD »

Thank you so much for your reply Hopefuloneday. I’m so sorry you’ve experienced two ectopic pregnancies as well, it’s so unfair and cruel. That’s good your Hycosy has come back clear, it doesn’t take away the fear but hopefully helps a little. I’m wishing you all the luck and positivity moving forward.

I’ll request a follow up with the consultant like you say and see if they can advise, thank you :)