By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

HCG levels?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
LaceAri

HCG levels?

Post by LaceAri »

Hello!

Just wondering if anyone would be happy to share what their HCG levels were in the lead up to an ectopic pregnancy diagnosis?

My first draw on Thursday was 685
And yesterdays was 1061

I just don’t know what to think 😭

Thank you in advance xx

LDD

Re: HCG levels?

Post by LDD »

Hi LaceAri,

My recent ectopic pregnancy first bloods were 1,579 and then two days later were 2,200. I also had an ectopic pregnancy last year and my bloods were completely different fluctuating loads from 600 to 560 to 801 before I got diagnosed and treated. Everyone is different but it’s such a horrible time having to wait and go back and forth every 2 days for bloods and scans, I’m sorry you’re having to experience this. Sending you lots of hugs and im happy to chat if you want to talk about anything xx

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear LaceAri,
I am so sorry to hear of the worrying time you are going through,
If scans are inconclusive, doctors would carry out a series of blood tests to check hCG levels to see if the numbers are rising as expected. However, in isolation, hCG tests only provide a part of the picture - declining levels indicate that a pregnancy has ended and will be miscarried. It can also possibly indicate an ectopic pregnancy that is "self-resolving". Also hCG levels rising by less than 66% over 48 hours means it is likely (but not certain) that it is ectopic. If levels rise normally, they suggest the pregnancy is implanted in the uterus.
You may see from this that hCG levels only indicate certain possibilities and are not in themselves a definitive guide. A positive identification of an implanted embryo on a scan is usually needed before a final diagnosis/certainty that the pregnancy has implanted in the uterus. Your medical team should therefore be planning more tests for you.

Whilst I do not wish to alarm you, if you experience any bleeding or spotting, develop any pain, shoulder tip pain or you feel dizzy and unwell, please seek urgent medical advice. It is better to get checked out to be on the safe side and visiting the hospital would give you peace of mind.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
The EPT is awarded the PIF TICK as a Trusted Information Creator, the UK-wide quality mark for healthcare information
If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.
Further information is available on our website.
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back support line: 020 7733 2653. We are able to provide support in multiple languages including British Sign Language.
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

LTQKVS

Post by LTQKVS »

Hello and sorry you are going through this.

I’m not sure if mine was a rare case but I started bleeding at 5 weeks my levels were 223 and then two weeks later at what would be 7 weeks I was in terrible pain my levels were at 43 and I had ruptured.

I’ve had no reason to why I ruptured with such low levels - to be honest I thought I had had a miscarriage so I was doing things like aerial yoga and heavy gardening work, moving heavy ikea boxes so maybe that’s why?